| Mobile| RSS

Back from an eventful weekend! Part I

Sunday, September 11, 2005 | posted in | 0 comments


The Great One certainly was not at a loss for fun activities to be a part of this weekend. I had a great time down in Central Jersey with Jaime this past weekend. We did plenty, as I will briefly elaborate.

Thursday:

Went to Chilis with Jaime for dinner. The Great One drank some Woodbridge Chardonnay with dinner. That stuff is really good. There is no doubt that I enjoyed that particular wine.

Later that night, we went back to the Days Inn, where we decided to get a room for the evening. As a result, we went to the bar on the above floor for karaoke night. We decided to have some drinks. I had a bottle of Yuengling and glass of White Zinfandel. Other than us, there a few older people there. One lady was with her husband and she was totally wasted as she tried to sing on stage. It was rather comical. One of the old ladies walked up to Jaime and I (seated at the bar) and asked us if we were together. She then proceeded to ask us if we were 21. She thought we looked good together.

Friday:

  • Spent a few hours on the beach at Manasquan. Yes, my skin is even more colored as a result of the sun that day.
  • We went with Jaime's friends (Kathy, Bonnie, Danielle, Francine, and Jackie) from work to see The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Before going to the movies, we went to Ruby Tuesday for dinner.
  • Jenk's "Come Back Locals" Night was the bomb. I had a terrific time. The Great One had some drinks; as usual I got my dance on. I looked damn good, too. Unfortunately, Jaime had to drive and was upset about not being able to drink. The Great One offered to pay for cab fare so she could drink, enjoy herself, and we would still have transportation home. Nonetheless, she declined. I feel bad because she has been stressed with graduate school (which started for her on Thursday night - the night before).


I love ya Jaime! Plenty of good times are in store for you. I'm still delighted that we had the chance to hang out this past weekend.

Saturday:


Before leaving for D-town to go to work at 4pm (yawn), Jaime and I went to Chick Fillet for lunch.
Last night, I made $86 in tip money; the servers praised and loved The Great One as they always do. The same compliments keep pouring in:

"You are the best!"

"I love you; you are the bomb!"


I appreciate all of the praise and I can not say that I disagree with these people in regards to their compliments. Obviously they all know who the man is and I respect their bright and accurate perspectives. They are all spot-on.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose
My thoughts

The Great One saw this movie and I actually thought it was a very good movie. The plot, based on a controversial exorcism performed by a priest who is charged with negligent homicide, was based on a true story. Emily Rose, a 19 year old girl who goes away to college, supposedly suffers from demonic possession. Some feel as though she was an epidemic as well as a schizophrenic, while others believe she was indeed possessed by demons. I feel as though the director placed too much emphasis on the trial. One fact about this film is certain. This should not have rated this movie as a PG-13!!! When the focus of the movie was devoted to the trial (approximately 65% of the movie), the young teens were so bored that they couldn't help but run up and down the isles. When the demonic scenes were being shown, the kids were screaming loudly every five seconds. This movie should have either been a PG-16 or rated R. This movie is not for a 13-year-old audience (at least without the accompaniment of parents.

That is all for now. I must depart for the time being, but keep on the look out for a potential second post. I have more to say.

Peace out, for now.

0 Responses So far

Post a Comment

Twitter