| Mobile| RSS

Post-Easter reaction - some words of wisdom!

Monday, April 12, 2004 | posted in | 0 comments

This past weekend was lovely and I had a wonderful Easter. I hope everyone else did the same.

Today, I am back at school and it's shocking how fast the semester is winding down! We have less than four weeks left. Let's see if I can make them the best four weeks of the semester. The first 3 months have been absolutely brilliant, so why should the last 3 or 4 weeks be any different for me? It will not be long after this semester before I return to school late in the month of May for a couple summer sessions. Tonight, I'll be having dinner with Jaime and my fratority associates around 6 pm. BTW, it is a long story on how this name came to fruition, but it evolved during a comical conversation at dinner one night about a month ago.

Sometimes, I think some of these people are of a different breed and that is what makes them interesting and entertaining to have dinner with. They are people who come from different locales and have various backgrounds, but some of them have gone through similar experiences. Exceptional people. We don't really go to N Wing as much for the food as we do to chill, hang out with each other, and socialize. N Wing is more of a social club than anything else. So, I look forward to dinner for those reasons.

I was supposed to have a quiz @ 12:45, but the professor put it off for another week. Hey, that works for me. Sometimes, you never know what is going to happen when you attend class. I think we must come to appreciate these golden moments or gems when we are let off the hook from something significant like a quiz, or even a class for that matter. Not that I wouldn't have succeeded or excelled on the quiz, but I still appreciate the fact that I did not have to take one today. That quiz would've been no different from the rest of my tests and quizzes this semester.

Hopefully, you all have a nice day. It's time for me to go read a case my BSNS Policies and Strategies Class. The case is about the E.J. Gallo Winery and on Thursday I will be participating in a group presentation based on that case. Have a wonderful day and be safe.

WORDS OF WISDOM FOR THE DAY:

Don't ever let ANYBODY walk all over you or try to deter you from your own beliefs and actions. Afterall, who are they? We're only human and if people criticize you, that makes them even MORE human than you are. Who are they to object to any of your views or statements? Your perception of yourself is YOUR OWN perception. People can agree or disagree on your views all they want. But, if they are thinking about your beliefs and offering criticism to your beliefs, then they obviously are not thinking about what they should be thinking about (and that is themselves and their own responsibilities). The individuals who are content, unbothered, and not critical to your beliefs are the ideal individuals to keep close by. Regardless of what you say, those who mind what you say do not matter, and those who matter don't mind. Hey, it's the truth.

K.I.T. and keep reading. Is that not why you are here???

Peace.

Fabulous, handsome, gifted, flamboyant, exceptional, and legendary. All God-given qualities.

0 Responses So far

Post a Comment

Twitter