| Mobile| RSS

An amazing weekend!

Sunday, February 27, 2005 | posted in | 0 comments

This had to be one of the best weekends I have had in quite some time! Not having to work this weekend has really been healthy for me. I got the chance to clear my mind a little bit and get away from the fast-paced environment that I have to face at work. Jaime came down to see me last night around 6:30.

We hung out at the apartment for a while and went to the Galloway Diner later in the evening. The Great One ended up getting not one, but two breakfast entrees. For some reason, I felt like having breakfast last night. Some of the breakfast meals are really delicious. I ordered an Italian omelet with home fries on the side along with three pancakes. What a satisfying meal it was. Jaime got a cheesesteak wrap with fries on the side. Today we got out of bed around 1pm, enjoying approximately 12 hours of sleep (definitely a positive thing).


Cute, sweet, and a nice shape as well... that's my baby!

Jeremy, Keeley, Anna, Jaime and I all ended up going to brunch. It was nice to be able to eat with all of those people. As I have said on many occasions in the past, one does not go to NWing for the food, but for the people. We always have such entertaining conversations. After brunch, Jaime and I went on a nice relaxing drive around South Jersey. Going out for a ride and acknowledging one's surroundings is certainly a good thing. South Jersey is primarily known for its country scenery, farms, and pine barrens, but there are some really nice locations. We drove to the Renalt Winery as well as Historic Smithville. Historic Smithville, with all of the old little shops, is really a pleasant place to go. We drove through, but did not take a walk around because Jaime was not feeling very well. She has a cold, so I wish her an expedient recovery.

Tonight I had the privilege of going to mass, something I have not been able to do for a very long time. I have tried to prevent working on Sunday nights, but management has done little to make that happen. Fortunately I was off from work today and able to attend mass. What a terrific mass it was. It was nice to see Father Jeff again. Brother Peter came to mass and talked to us about vocation (a calling from God). God has a calling for each one of us. Brother Peter talked to us about determining what our calling truly is. The best place to determine a calling is in any quiet place, a chapel being a prime example.

Even though I am a Business Hospitality Management major, I am still unsure as the whether or not that is my calling. I still have a temptation for fame and a small desire to go into acting. When I was younger, I went to acting school and the agents who watched me audition were impressed with my abilities. They wanted me to travel with them, but my family was skeptical about me traveling alone with the agents. Now that I am older, I would have no problem traveling. I may not go into acting after all of those years, but who knows? I still remain unsure of what my calling is or what I want to do with my life. We'll see what happens. However you look at it, tonight's mass was tremendous. To sum it all up, this was truly a magnificent weekend overall. More good times are well on their way, as I look forward to going to Atlantic City for an evening of leisure activity on Tuesday, March 8th! I have to work tomorrow at 5pm, but I will think about the wonderful time I had this weekend while I am busing tables and restocking silverware.

Time for me to go. Always stay tuned and keep reading the thoughts, occurrences, and happenings of this magnificent living legend. As many of the people who remain close to me already know, I am never at a loss for words. Have a great week and remember to come again.

1 love.

Peace.

0 Responses So far

Post a Comment

Twitter