| Mobile| RSS

Holy Week, six more weeks of course work, and more!

Monday, March 21, 2005 | posted in | 0 comments

Holy Week has begun and classes are once again back in session. The Great One is here in full effect and I am ready to finish this semester, which only has six more weeks left, on a high note. The six weeks that are left in spring semester 2005 are the final six weeks left of course work for your's truly. As most students are sad to be back at class, I see it as a minor relief because there will be a little more balance between class, work, and fun.

This morning in Facilities Management, Donna informed the class that the 2nd exam (Chapters 5, 6, 7, and 8) will be administered to us a week from today. That gives me a solid week to prepare for that exam. I will make the necessary preparations to succeed on the 2nd exam. My first exam was anything but a success due to the fact that I was unable to study for it, suffering from an upper respiratory infection that just wouldn't quit. The time has come to represent and exercise that brilliant brain of mine. Time to show what that powerful mind of my is truly capable of. It will all be on display next Monday. This exam will be a completely different story. Ya'll heard it here first!

Last night I went up to Howell to see my beautiful girlfriend Jaime. We met Jaime's friend Jackie (who works with her at Kohls) and her boy friend Sisxo at Applebee's. Jaime and I ordered nachos as an appetizer. We didn't order entrees, but we did end up getting some drinks. I had a Mudslide, while she drank something that resembled a strawberry daquirie (the exact name of the drink escapes me). As the three of them talked about their experiences at Kohls as well as the various employees who worked with them, I sat back and acknowledged just how much they all enjoyed their jobs. Some people do like their jobs, which means that I may yet find a place of employment that I enjoy working at to some extent.

P.F. Chang's is really just a part time job that I have during my senior year of college. I am doing this for my professional experience and money to pay my bills and occasionally purchase luxury items. At certain times, the job brings me so much grief. Other times, albeit very few, I have so much caffeine in my system that of all the unpleasantries that come with being there float over my head. I do not mean to nag or whine, but I must speak what is on my mind. If life, there are ups and downs, twists and turns, and good and bad. We must be prepared take the good with the bad at all times. However, with both good and bad days to be expected, one can only hope that the job I have years down the line will be more pleasing to The Great One.

Tonight I am scheduled to work at 5pm, but I am not closing. Thank God for small favors.
At this moment, I do have to eat lunch and give Jaime a ring. She is going for her interview at Rider University (where she plans on going to Graduate school). I want to give her a call and wish her luck. Everyone have a great day, be safe, always remember to come again. You can learn a thing or two from and about me! 1 love.

Peace.

0 Responses So far

Post a Comment

Twitter