| Mobile| RSS

Focus on post-graduation career grows stronger!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 | posted in | 0 comments

Along with the focus, lies THE VISION.

Last night was the first Tuesday night, in God knows how long, that the O.G. crew and myself did not attend Murphy's for kareoke night. Quite a sad reality, I must say. Apparently the manager at Murphy's was being an asshole; this probably prevented the kareoke night from transpiring. I sincerely hope that Murphy's does not fall off the map for all of us due to this problem that happened last night. As a result, a few of us ended up going to The Laughing Lion. We did not stay there for very long. Attendance was at an all-time low of O.G. peeps. Those in attendance were Rico, Jamie, a couple of her friends (non-O.G. related), Mike Espineli and myself.

While Rico, Jamie, and her friends sat at the bar, Mike and I sat at one of the tables and had a chat about work, New Years Eve celebration, and the future. We talked about the lives of the managers at the Olive Garden and how they have no life. I told Mike that I did not want that to me ten or even twenty years down the road.

Activities, such as the California trip, are vastly coming in my direction. Bill and I will be flying out to California from JFK airport on Jetblue on the 26th of this month. God I pray that you get us both there and return both of us home safely. Responsibilities are also resurfacing in the new year. This month, I also begin the payments on my new auto insurance bill for the new year. The job hunt continues, but I am working hard to pursue a potential lead that came my way during graduation weekend - a lead that has been largely overlooked up until last week!

There is a hotel in Ocean City, NJ, for which I have yet to figure out the name of it, where I could potentially land a job with my bachelors degree. When my mother and uncle were staying at the Rodeway Inn on White Horse Pike on the weekend of my graduation, one of the attendants at that hotel informed my mother that this hotel in Ocean City was beginning to recruit graduates from Stockton College. I only wish my mother had taken note of the hotel's name so I could approach them myself as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, the faculty at Stockton will not be returning until January 10, so I can not yet benefit from the hookups that I have there in attempt to get a job this mystery hotel. The school officially opened January 3, but the faculty are not due to return until January 10?

O.K.

Patience is a trait that will be required on my part in the meantime. I will just have to wait until Dr. Whithem and Donna return their offices next Tuesday. When they do return, I will try everything in my power to land a job at this Ocean City mystery hotel, which I hope is no longer a mystery come next Tuesday. Hopefully, yours truly will finally have a job that pays well and instills less stress than my current job has been doing. My faith lies in the fact that hotels have many different jobs, such as property management, facilities management, hospitality accounting and finance, service management, and food and beverage to name a few. It is not like the restaurant industry, where food and beverage is basically the lone job requirement.

A couple weeks ago, I had a vision that came to my head when I was getting ready for work. My vision, since that moment, has been to land a job at a hotel with my Business Hospitality Management bachelors degree, in hopes of building a reputation with the company as an M.I.T. and eventually going to graduate school for Finance. As an undergraduate, I did reasonably well in my Financial Management course. The course content came off surprisingly easy to me. Acknowledging how financially rewarding a career in finance could be, couple with the fact that I would already have a job a hotel, I could be transferred to the financial department of the hotel, pending my attainment of Masters Degree in Finance. There is nothing more rewarding or desirable than getting promoted from within a company. This entire paragraph details my recent vision. Thought always precedes action, so I plan on taking action that will fulfill this thought and vision of mine.

At this time, I must head over to Best Buy to make an exchange. This past weekend, Jaime bought me the Eminem Curtain Call album for Christmas, which is a great album I might add. It contains all of Eminem's greatest hits with the bonus track "When I'm Gone" included. However, my mother bought me the same album yesterday and attached it to my bedroom door as a surprise. I felt so bad telling her that Jaime had already bought me that album. Therefore, she gave me the receipt and I can exchange that CD for a different CD! Not so bad afterall. I am getting a new CD today! So I am heading to Best Buy to take care of this exchange.

Everyone have a great day. Wish me luck in regards to the vision as well as my future plans.

Take care.

Peace.

0 Responses So far

Post a Comment

Twitter