| Mobile| RSS

Undisputed World Middleweight Champion...

Friday, January 06, 2006 | posted in | 0 comments

for one moment in Dreamland!

Are you wondering what exactly you just read?

Last night, I had a dream that I was at a boxing match. I do not even remember who was fighting. I can remember being at ringside and seeing many of the highrollers and boxing luminaries (Roy Jones, Jr and Smokin' Joe Frazier included). The strangest thing happened to me. Next thing I knew, I was the one who was in the ring boxing! I do not even remember the opponent - I know he was a caucasian and that I whooped that ass, but that is about it. The fight went to the scorecards,
and I was announced "the winner... and New Undisputed Middleweight Champion."

How about THAT for a dream???

This is all coming from a man who has boxing on the brain! I'm telling you, I did not want to wake up from this dream. It felt great being an undisputed champion - it also felt extremely real. I could have sworn I was holding three belts (WBA, WBC, and IBF). It was such an awesome dream. My mother, uncle, friends, and media were constantly taking pictures of me with the belts around my waist and draped over my shoulders. Unheard of, I tell you! Overnight, I was the Undisputed Middleweight Champion of the world. I reiterate - I did not want to wake up. I just wanted to look at my title belts and hold them up in air, embracing the moment and taking pride in my achievement of dethroning the middleweight champion - whoever the hell it was in my dream. I was a celebrity - a superstar - overnight in my dream.

Sadly, I eventually woke up. After getting up at 7:50 am to make drive down to South Jersey, I am now at Stockton because I have to update my resume and head to Atlantic City in search of an employment opportunity.

Jermaine, give me my damn belts back! I am not crazy enough to fight you for them...

0 Responses So far

Post a Comment

Twitter