| Mobile| RSS

Job search in Atlantic City not terrible... but certainly not great!

Saturday, January 07, 2006 | posted in | 0 comments

My job search in Atlantic City yesterday went okay. Not great. Not terrible. Contrary to Dr Whithem's statement, there were not 100-200 job postings at the Human Resource Departments of those resorts!

I applied for a few positions at Hilton and Resorts, as well as a few positions at Borgata online. Hilton stated that they would review my application and call me back within the next week. Let's see if they actually call me back. Either way, every single one of those resorts will be receiving a follow-up call from me within the next week. I also left my resume with all of those resorts along with Tropicana, which did not have any available positions to my liking. My patience is about as scarce as the employment opportunities that are out there for me right now, or so it appears. Perhaps I am too anxious, but would like to have a job that will enable me to pay back my loan bills as well as my credit card and auto insurance bills.

People always have a tendency to say, "Stop whining! Stop complaining! You're so ungrateful! Be happy for what you have." However, when the tables turn, and something goes wrong for those particular souls, they fail to practice what they preach and one can hear their whining - their complaining - their ungratefulness - 1000 miles away! Nobody ever got anywhere by being satisfied with the bare minimum. You stay satisfied with the bare minimum too long, you could end up with a bare ass and no money to pay for clothes to keep it warm! Finding a job is a battle and I must keep fighting.

I need a job other than Olive Garden, or should I refer to it as Out of Goods? They never have SHIT! Looks like I will be making some calls to Dr. Whithem, Donna, and Career Services this coming week. I need a job that I can get with my bachelors degree, period! I am not backing down ONE BIT. I want to make money. I want to be happy. After 20 years of schooling and almost eight years of labor, is that too much to ask for???

Last night, I met up with Jaime in Howell and together we met up with the rest of the gang at this bar called Ecco in Red Bank. I had this slammin' Berry Margarita, which gave me a nice buzz to remember on the way back to Jaime's house.

As I started drifting off to sleep in the car, I began to think about this job hunt and when it was going to end.

0 Responses So far

Post a Comment

Twitter