| Mobile| RSS

So many doubles, Anna's birthday celebration, Thanksgiving upcoming, and more!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 | posted in | 0 comments

Good morning ladies and gentlemen! There has been somewhat of a hiatus since the last time I updated with a legitimate post, so here I am to make your day a special one.

As was noted this past Saturday, Bill and I will be flying out of JFK airport on Jetblue for California to see our friend Scott for a few days in January. Speaking of Scott, he will be arriving in New Jersey for the Thanksgiving holiday sometime around midnight tonight. I look forward to seeing him again - both this week and in California in January.

I have been so busy with all of these double shifts I am working at the restaurant. To be honest with you, it has been a bit tiring, but money will make people do outrageous things. It is not even like I am making great money, but I am probably making more than I would if I was working single shifts. It is truly amazing how many people literally do not want to go to work at The Olive Garden; I have been picking up shifts left and right.

Anna's birthday this past weekend was the bomb. The people involved in the celebration were Erik, Kristen, Ray, Jack, Mike, Jaime and myself. I believe that is all of us! We went to Casbah Nightclub at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City. At the beginning of the evening, security failed to let me into the club because I was wearing black Sketcher boots. However, they were admitting guests who were wearing ugly-ass sneakers!?! Go figure!

Casbah is a landmark for any Atlantic City club guide. It's got it all; hot people, dancers in cages, the shot girls, great sound and lighting system - the works. Hip hop and house 'til 6am and the ladies always get in free. The Casbah, located inside of the Trump Taj Mahal, has set the standard for nightclubs in Atlantic City.

Interesting standards. Gentlemen are admitted with athletic sneakers. I suppose that just adds to the exotic presence that both the nightclub and the people in it radiate.
The club itself was quite enjoyable and rather alluring, but it had some bizarre standards that are unexplainable to say the very least. As a result, I walked to back to Ray's car with Ray to get the pair of sneakers he had with him. Upon returning to the club entrance, they let me in immediately. Fortunately, Kristen had a P.B.A. card, so I was admitted without having to pay $10 cover that other gentlemen would have the "privledge" of paying after midnight. A walk back to Ray's car to replace my black shoe-resembling Sketchers, with sneakers, in exchange for not having to pay a $10 cover charge???? All is forgiven. LOL. Thank you Kristen!

We danced for a while, had some drinks, and then headed to Pitney Tavern. We were only there for a few minutes because the kitchen was closed and we really wanted to get something to eat. Therefore, we went to Wawa and got some sandwiches and snacks. Anna let Jaime and I crash at her apartment on campus, which was quite hospitable of her.

The following night, Jaime and I went to the Olive Garden in Hamilton for dinner. What the hell was I doing going to the company I work at for dinner?????????? Oh yeah, perhaps it is because I actually like the food that Olive Garden has to offer, if not the actual labor. Jaime ordered the Chicken Vino Bianco, while I had the Smoked Mozzarella Chicken. In my opinion, that is probably the very best chicken dish in the house; definitely one of the best overall dishes. Too bad it is only a limited time offer. We also ordered my favorite appetizer, the Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta. With the $4 coupon that Jaime had, coupled with my employee discount, our $32 bill was reduced to about $20, which is a damn good deal.

At the end of the night, Jaime and I rented out a room at the Passport Inn - a $100 room with a jacuzzi nonetheless - for only $75 (including tax)!!!!!! Apparently the hotel manager was desperate to sell rooms to guests, so he sold a jacuzzi suite to us at a discounted rate. For that rate, hopefully there was nothing wrong with the jacuzzi and they cleaned it.

That pretty much sums up the latest events in my life. At 11:30, I am due at the restaurant for my lunch shift, and then at 4pm I am working the dinner shift as well. This is the third double in a row that I will be working and I plan on working one tomorrow. So far, I am only scheduled for the lunch shift tomorrow, but I just might pick up dinner so I can earn some additional cash to pay some bills. I am still searching for an apartment in the Atlantic County area. I am preparing for graduation next month and looking for a job that I can get with the degree in the process of that preparation. Life has not been so easy lately, but I suppose it has ups and downs just like everything else in the world. I am eagerly anticipating the potentially smooth ride at the end of this unsteady journey. If it is any consolation, 2006 appears to starting off on a high note with my trip to California along with what will be a newly acquired bachelors degree earned by me.

That is all for now folks. The kiddies are getting rather vocal in library at this moment, so it is time for me to depart. Everyone take care, come again soon, have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, and stuff yourself with turkey all day long. Afterwards, you can burp, fart, and poop all you want. Just don't do it around me.

Peace.

0 Responses So far

Post a Comment

Twitter