| Mobile| RSS

Atlantic City Revisited Part II!

Monday, October 24, 2005 | posted in | 0 comments


At the end of the evening, we all went to the Irish Pub to begin our alcohol consumption. I bought James a beer for his birthday and he thanked me for the gesture. Moments later, he offers to buy me a Yager bomb! I suggested to him, "I bought you the beer for your birthday; you do not owe me anything." He replied, "When it's your birthday, you do whatever the f%*k you want. The shot is on me!" I am never one to turn down free drinks. That was a very nice thing for him to do. We all had a tremendous time at the Irish Pub, as we continued to drink late into the night. That is my kind of scene; my kind of my bar.

Laura, Jaime's friend and co-worker from Kohls in Mays Landing, arrived and joined us in the festivities. I drank quite a bit that night. I had a glass of wine, a Yuengling Draft, two Yager bombs, one Irish Car bomb, a Heineken, and a Disaronno Amaretto. Quite a load, but I did not get sick from it whatsoever. I did, however, pass out upon returning to the hotel room. I was tired, spent, and wasted. The makings of a champion. LOL. I had a lot of fun and you need to have fun to relieve yourself of the stresses that come with a work-filled life.

On our way home the next day, Jaime and I grabbed a bite to eat at the Galloway Dinner.

Also worthy of mention, last Friday night, Jaime and I stayed at Jeremy's and Keeley's place for the night. We watched television, had some drinks, and Aaron came over to hang out with us as well. Most importantly, Jeremy and I had yet another rematch in Fight Night Round 2. Jeremy used Muhammad Ali, which I used Kenny Norton. Using my knowledge of boxing coupled with my video game prowess, I dominated Jeremy from start to finish enroute to a 10th round knockout. Judge's scores at the time of the stoppage were 88-80 and 89-79 twice. So sad that I actually remember that. Jeremy is still up on me in the series, but as time goes by I begin to establish my acquaintance with this boxing game as well as the controls and the moves.

In reality, back in the 70's, Ali and Norton actually fought each other three times, with Ali taking two of the three fights. Many fans and experts believe Norton deserved two of the three as he was robbed of victory in one of the two decision losses he suffered. Last Friday night, there was no controversy, no judges decision, no doubts, and no regrets.

It was all in good fun! I still have a ways to catch up in our little series.

Tonight I am scheduled to work from 4pm until close. Last night was not a bad night for me in terms of serving. The guests were pleased with the service I provided for them. After work, I met up with some friends from work at Friday's by the Ledgewood circle. I was also served a complimentary Yuengling Draft by the the bartender. How hot is that?

At this moment, it is time for yours truly to get ready for work. Wish me luck in my pursuit to make sales. Money is key. I at least need to finish this internship and then I can take my business else where outside of the restaurant industry. Take care everyone.

Peace.

0 Responses So far

Post a Comment

Twitter