| Mobile| RSS

My Top Five Professors I have ever had at Stockton!

Friday, October 07, 2005 | posted in | 0 comments

Since it is Homecoming Weekend at Stockton, and I am spending this down time in the computer lab waiting for Jaime to get here, I figure I will devote a post to my five favorite professors throughout my years at Stockton. The list was not a hard one for me establish, as I know from personality, character, dedication, and devotion to me as a student, exactly who they are.

Dr. Arthur Worthington

I took three courses with this man (Intro/Management; Spring 2003, Business Policy and Strategy; Spring 2004, and Human Resource Management; Fall 2004) and aced all of them easily. My intuitiveness coupled with his teaching style, allowed me to produce such positive results. He is an outstanding professor who thoroughly reviews the material and he has a rather generous grading structure. If you want to learn about business management, and you are willing to study the material he provides you with, Dr. Worthington is your guy. He is a friendly guy who never hesitates to smile and say hello to the students he has had in the past. He is the best professor I have ever had in my years of college.

John Boyle

I had Boyle for Financial Accounting; Spring 2003; this is perhaps the only man on this planet who makes an accounting class (or even the accounting content for that matter) seem interesting. He made accounting an easy subject for me to understand. He practically gave the subject of accounting a mouth and made it talk to the class itself. Great professor (hard to believe he is only an adjunct), great person, very kind, and he has already offered to provide me a letter of recommendation for graduate school

Dr. Clifford Whithem

I had this man for half a class (Hospitality Control; Spring 2005) when Donna took a leave of absence for her surgery. This man was with me through and thin when I was having a difficult time landing an internship. This is the man who listened to all of my venting throughout my period of frustration. This is the man who limited my internship requirements to accommodate my needs of completing this internship by December and graduating this Fall. He is one hell of a guy; an asset to, as well as the director of, the Hospitality Program here at Stockton.

Donna Albano

She taught a number of my hospitality courses at Stockton (Hotel Administration; Fall 2004, Hospitality Information Systems; Fall 2004, Facilities Management; Spring 2005, and Hospitality Control; Spring 2005) and showed me a lot of course-related attention when it appeared as though I was bogged down with a heavy schedule. He gave me plenty of advise in regards to getting a hospitality job. Nice person; very generous.

G.T. Lenard

Is there a kinder, more warm-hearted professor on this campus than G.T.? I had her for Money and the American Imagination (a G.I.S. requirement) during Spring Semester 2005 and she was a bundle of energy throughout the entire semester. She is a positive person who instills confidence and enthusiasm in her students. She took dry material (such as Max Weber) and made it comprehendable by relating it to modern day life. Her course was virtually an open forum in which any of the students could talk at any time. Great class taught by a great professor. Everyone loves G.T.!

0 Responses So far

Post a Comment

Twitter