| Mobile| RSS

Off from work today, but the monster in me returns tomorrow!

Thursday, October 27, 2005 | posted in | 0 comments

After venting about the meltdown I incurred at work yesterday, I drove down to Howell to meet up with Jaime and go to her job's manager's house to watch a movie with her friends from work. We watched Monster In Law, which is pretty much a girl flick starring Jennifer Lopez, but it certainly had it's comical moments.

Getting back to my job, the fact that one of the managers told me that I did not believe in myself really struck in nerve within me. She lit a furious fire under my ass; that is when I called one of the other managers and told him, "Give me three, if not, four tables on Friday!!! She pissed me off! I am going to show the entire restaurant who one of the best servers truly is!!!!" At times, I try to remain humble, but they awoke a sleeping giant yesterday. The manager who insulted me with that targeted insult was that of a mad scientist, who at that moment, created a monster that is going to be tough to deal with and will not simmer down until my business there is complete.

When I come to work tomorrow, thunder is going to rumble and everybody in the restaurant will witness a God-given spectacle in front of their very mortal eyes. I am heavily heated. I am not even playing around. If they truly feel as though I lack self belief, they are about to see a food and alcohol serving proficiency, on the part of this human buzzsaw, who is going boast about his insurmountable sales, continue to take tables, and refuse to be topped or broken. No more being humble about my success. It's on tomorrow! They created a MONSTER.

I am FUELED. Yesterday afternoon, I was galvanized to demonstrate the gifts and talents of one of God's greatest works and I have been angrily fired up to do just that on Friday. After excelling at this and completing my internship, I am going to rub it in like salt in an open laceration, as I toss this serving position aside to do something that I actually want to do... something that I actually care about! I do not give a damn about a restaurant!!! I care about ME and my well-being. Guests come in and I sell shit. I talk about it, I sell it, I make money, I excell, and I get the hell out! As I stated in the previous post, serving as an intern was really my last resort. I am going to serve, complete this internship, blind anybody watching me with my God-given skills and talents, and take my business else where afterwards.

RED ALERT: HURRICANE BRYAN! Devastating!

I am trying to do this and get out! Serving is not for ever, but I am!

0 Responses So far

Post a Comment

Twitter