| Mobile| RSS

We put Hoboken back on the map last night!

Sunday, October 16, 2005 | posted in | 0 comments

Jaime's birthday celebration in Hoboken last night was a blast!

Charlie, his friend Erin, Jaime, and I had reserved rooms at The Hilton Garden Inn. That hotel was so difficult for us to access from the highway. We must've gone around in circles for like half an hour. Eventually, one of the people attending the celebration found us at Outback Steakhouse, where we parked and waited, and led us to the entrance of the Hilton Garden Inn. After spending some time in our rooms waiting for everybody to get ready, we took a cab to the street in Hoboken that had all of the bars that we wanted to go to. Our cabdriver was Mexican, barely spoke English, and was speaking on his cellphone for a majority of the ride, so we were thankful that we made it to our destination safely without any problems. So it appears, a number of the stores and hotels in Secaucus/Hoboken area have letters missing or not lit up in the names on their buildings, so they look funny at night time.

CROWNE PLAZA, Hilton Garden Inn, Shoprite, etc.

Many people were out for Jaime's birthday, including Gena, Ken, Laura, James, Alex, Vito, Charlie, Dave, Erin, Bill, Pete, Alicia, and some others who I may have failed to mention. It was great to be back in Hoboken again; going to the Whiskey Bar and Bahama Mama's is always a great time. I met Vito, Alex's boyfriend, for the first time. He never really comes out to hang out with us, but I am glad that he did because he's a cool guy. Our night began at the Whiskey Bar with Vito buying Ken and I each a drink.

At Bahama Mama's, it can be a bit overcrowded in the front by the bar, so we always go to the back behind the dance floor where there is more room. I got really drunk at Bahama Mama's and I do not know why. I really did not have a whole lot to drink last night. Perhaps it was due to the fact that I only had five hours of sleep the previous night and had been up since 8am for the meeting I had at work. I still had a tremendous time with everybody in Hoboken and I look forward to returning really soon. Expect to see some pictures within the next few days.

Today, on our way home from Hoboken, Charlie, Erin, Jaime and I stopped at Baja Fresh, which serves Mexican food, for some lunch. I ate a charbroiled chicken quesadilla, which might have done more harm than good to my already aching stomach (as a result of last night's alcohol consumption). Now I am in the process of recovering from last night. In a few minutes, Jaime and I will be heading to the mall so she can pay her Macy's Bill.

More to come later.

Peace.

0 Responses So far

Post a Comment

Twitter