| Mobile| RSS

Halloween at KatManDu!

Sunday, October 30, 2005 | posted in | 0 comments


Our festivities, which have become weekly events in the recent months, landed us at KatManDu in Trenton last night for Halloween. Yes, Halloween is on October 31st, but many adults celebrate Halloween the weekend before the actual holiday. That is the very first time I had ever been at KatManDu and I had a total blast being there. People who came out for the night consisted of Laura, James, Gena, Lauren, Jason, Charlie, Pete, Dan, Alicia, Caroline, Dave, Lindsay, Marissa, Jaime, myself and some others that I may have failed to mention.

Oh yeah... Jodie and Laurie, now happily engaged, made a special appearance later in the evening. I loved the devil/Will Ferrell look that Jodie sported for Halloween. Priceless. Congratulations to both of them on their engagement. They are a terrific couple. Great people.

The evening began with Jaime and I ordering some Chicken Quesadillas at the bar. They were delicious; they served as a the perfect absorbant for my alcohol consumption. For Halloween, I was dressed as Napoleon Dynamite and Jaime went as Deb. James and Laura were doctor and nurse. Laurie, Jodie's fiancee, was an angel. We all had a whole lot of fun dancing, drinking, and chatting with each other as we looked around and noticed all of the people wearing their creative costumes - many of them homemade. There was a Martha Stewart, framed in a prison photo shot with her ID number going across her chest. There was also an anchorman crew from the movie "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy."

The dude who was dressed as Ron Burgundy looked more like Brian Fantana than Ron Burgundy. A Frankenstein on stilts was also sighted in the club; he came close to winning the costume contest and I felt as though he should have. Dressed as Napoleon Dynamite, I gathered plenty of attention to myself. Girls came up to me asking me to take pictures with them. A few people took pictures of Jaime and I dressed as Deb and Napoleon. Many of the people in attendance approached me and let me know that they felt I should have won the contest based on the comedic value of my costume. I was touched. LOL. All in all, it was a great time.

I have work at 4pm, so I must prepare for my shift. Hopefully, I have a successful shift. Wish me luck and feel free to comment.

Peace.

0 Responses So far

Post a Comment

Twitter