| Mobile| RSS

Osprey ball Aftermath!

Sunday, October 09, 2005 | posted in | 1 comments

Friday night was a terrific time that seemed to come and go way too fast. The Osprey Ball is always an exciting occasion, but I admit that it felt rather unusual omy my part going this year as opposed to other years because I am no longer a campus resident. Ray, Melissa, Jack, Mike, Anna, Erik, Colleen, Frank, Jaime, and myself were all present for the 2005 Annual Osprey Ball, which proved to be special a event in its own right.

Throughout the evening, I suddenly began to realize that I just might be growing out of events such as the Osprey Ball. Afterall, most of the people who were going to be there consisted mostly of freshman and sophomore students. After having a beautiful night with friends of mine from school, I reneged on the feelings I had earlier that day, only to discover that I will be returning to the Osprey Ball as long as I have friends who are still attending Stockton as students and are going to Osprey Ball in October.

As soon as Jaime arrived at Stockton, we proceeded to pay for a hotel room at the Best Western on White Horse Pike. We picked up some food from McDonalds and brought it to the room so we could eat prior to getting ready for the ball. Before heading back to the campus, we stopped by The Corner Tavern to pick up some alcohol, which we planned to sneak into the dance. As it turned out, we purchased a bottle of 99 Bananas as well as a bottle of water. We emptied the water bottle and filled it with the 99 Bananas so we would be able to carry it around on the dance floor.

While walking around at the ball, Jaime and I ran into familiar faces from the past such as Steve (who is now a complex director at Stockton), Junior (who is now passing Quantitative Business Methods), and Sara (one of Jaime's roommates from her last semester at Stockton). Good times. I must also confirm that Jack danced with ten girls. I am proud and happy for him!

After the dance was over at 12:01, we all headed to the Galloway Diner for a bite to eat. It wasn't just our select group of people who made the decision to go the Galloway Diner; literally half of the people who attended the dance went there as well! One could say that was expected to happen. Stockton students always go to the Galloway Diner; the night of the Osprey Ball is no exception. Anna, Erik, Jaime and I shared a booth that is fit to accommodate two people. The rest of the group sat up at the long, smoking table in front of us. Not exactly the best service I have ever had at the Galloway Diner, but I could understand how difficult of a time the employees were having due to the over abundance of Osprey Ball attendees who were also present.

Overall, this was a fun night with some old friends from school.

Jaime and I also had an amazing night at The Best Western. We made it a night to remember for a very long time.

At this time, I can barely keep my eyes open. This tells me that it's time to go to bed. Take care, be safe, and come again soon.

Peace.

1 comments
gravatar
Anonymous
on 1:22 PM  

Bloggers' scrutiny keeps Missouri politicians jumping
They've pointed out personal Wal-Mart investments by the state auditor ... Among the wildest ones were allegations that Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry had a mistress and that President George W.
I found your blog interesting. Free Music Downloads

Post a Comment

Twitter