| Mobile| RSS

Anticipation of New Years Eve celebration (as well as the new year)!!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 | posted in | 0 comments

Christmas came and went - it did not stop for anyone or anything - but the day was rather nice. I sat around with the family and relaxed, as we watched Christmas movies. I got some nice things for Christmas - including clothes, a few DVDs, and some other useful goods. I finally got the first three episodes of the Star Wars Saga! In the next week or so, I definitely need to sit down and watch all six, starting with the first episode.

Do not think that I am going to watch all six in one day. I do not have that kind of time on my hands. Olive Garden would never allow it. They did, however, give me off from work on Friday and Saturday. Saturday is New Years Eve, so I am delighted that I have been given off for that day. Originally, I was scheduled for noon on New Years Day, but Janine, one of my co-workers, was looking for shifts on Wedesnday and Sunday, so I gave her my Sunday afternoon shift. How about that? Now I am off from work on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!!!

*applause*

It is amazing how I always manage to avoid working on holidays! It never fails. In my honest opinion, that is the way it should be. That is the way I plan on keeping it in my work life for a long time - the rest of my life in fact. No work on holidays. That is my party time. Cut into my party time, I cut you! HAHAHA! Just kidding. But for real, no work for me on the holidays. Why work on a holiday that is intended for celebration with close friends and family???? Taking away the rest of the holidays, there are approximately 355-360 other days of the year to work. Holidays for yours truly?? A big no-no!

This coming New Years Eve, I will be heading to Beachcomber Bar and Grill in Seaside Heights with Jaime and company to commence with the New Years Eve celebrations. For the last two years, we have been going to Headliner for New Years, but Beachcomber, for $35, has a longer open bar. Beachcomber's open bar lasts from 8pm until midnight, which is a damn good deal. I can not wait for that evening! New Years is a terrific time of year for me because it symbolizes a potentially fresh new start in one's life. It marks the beginning of a whole new year and the chance to correct anything that went wrong the previous year.

Last year, I missed the countdown to 2005 due to the fact that the club did not even announce the damn countdown. I was in the bathroom emptying my blatter, with three other dudes doing the same in the urinals right next too me, when I happened to look down at my watch and notice, through my drunken haze, that the time was 12:06!! How could I have missed the countdown?!?!? It will not happen this year ladies and gentlemen! I will be present for the countdown, and whereever you are (hopefully not working your ass off at your job), I hope you will be present for the countdown as well.

Bad luck to miss the countdown to a new year. Yes, I believe that.

That is all for now. Have a nice day.

Expect at least one more update before we reach 2006!

0 Responses So far

Post a Comment

Twitter