| Mobile| RSS

New Year Resolutions!

Thursday, December 29, 2005 | posted in | 1 comments

As we all know, new years is right around the corner. This is the appropriate time for many of us to determine what we want to do in the new year to better our lives. New Year resolutions, if you will. There are a number of goals and resolutions that I would like to set for myself in the year 2006.

Make sure I am present for the countdown to the new year! This would surely be a nice starting point. Last year, I missed the countdown and I still believe to this day that it brought me a considerable amount of bad luck. Considerable enough to make me superstitious. Considerable enough to the point where I refuse to miss another countdown!

Move out of mother's house and into my own place. Such a move is desperately necessary. Love between family members, in my honest opinion, is stronger when those family members are at a distance from each other. When you see your mother everyday, you tend to find certain things to fight about or cop an attitude about. I, myself, admit that I am guilty of those attributes. However, when you are apart and you get a chance to chat or talk on the phone with your family, there is nothing but love. You do not see each other every day, so you do not have anything to pick a fight or argument about. Additionally, I would much rather live under my roof with my own terms and conditions. It is time to move out of the mother's homestead and into my own pad - preferably in South Jersey. Let us pray that I can meet this resolution EARLY next year. In order to do that, I must make some headway in meeting my next resolution.

Begin a career in something related to what my bachelors degree stipulates - a job that is somewhat enjoyable. The job search has been in effect. This is nothing new to all of my readers or friends. The job search is still in effect. I have had a few leads from companies; I have called these companies back and I am still looking for a conclusive answer from them. I need to develop a career. In addition to the rigorous job search I am currently conducting, I will also go to Career Services at Stockton, come the new year, in an attempt to gain some assistance from them, in my pursuit of a job.

Nail the GMAT. I am surely taking this test in either March or April of 2006. As I have stated on numerous occasions before, my preparation for the test coupled with my intellect and prowess will result in none other than a successful outcome. I predict a high score - one that will shock my detractors. Look out! I am going to shake up the world!!!

Graduate school for my MBA. I want to go graduate school for either Business Administration or Finance. My long term goal for graduate school, which is not really a 2006 new year resolution, is to graduate with honors - atleast cum laude (with honor). This is an achievement I failed to accomplish as an undergraduate. However, graduating with atleast cum laude requires that I get off to an impressive start with a high GPA and that is a resolution for 2006 should I begin my graduate school career in September. My detractors may be skeptical about me accomplishing this. Sit back, watch me do it, and be amazed when it happens. When your jaw drops in amazement, and your mouth is hanging wide open, try not to druel all over yourself.

Update this website on a regular basis. People read my publications on this page. The traffic flow is great and people are interested and curious about me. More importantly, this page serves a purpose in allowing me to speak my mind and practice my writing. I believe this page makes it possible for me to improve my writing skills, which is a positive thing. This page, as well as updating it, is an enjoyable hobby of mine. Expect PLENTY MORE BLOG OF BRYAN updates in 2006.

Minimal stress/minimal flakeouts. Stress is a negative feeling. Problems arise in life, but I need to be calmer person. I must learn not to flake out over every little dilemma. Some dilemmas, however, are greater than others. This resolution will be quite a challenge, but I will give it a go.

Neat and organized lifestyle. Life is much easier when one lives this way. I want to keep my room clean. My hair needs to look good when I am out. Fresh haircuts are to be expected when the hair gets too shaggy or out of place. I would also like to dress a little nicer when I am out in public, especially when I am at the clubs or bars. One gives off a more self-confident and positive vibe when one's appearance is neat and attractive. Hygiene is to be continually maintained to the maximum. I am way too handsome and good looking not to keep my image looking spotless!

That is all for now. Expect some more in the near future.

1 comments
gravatar
Anonymous
on 2:43 PM  

you listened my thoughts...very good..

Post a Comment

Twitter