| Mobile| RSS

Snowball storm, Stockton, graduation, and more!

Friday, December 09, 2005 | posted in | 0 comments

North Jersey was blasted really hard with a severe snowstorm early this morning. This was not the little snow shower that was originally predicted to be four to six inches of snow last week. Just the opposite. Right from the outset, the snowflakes were literally the size of baseballs! For that matter, we can call them snowballs rather than snowflakes.

I actually had the balls to drive through such a snowstorm in order to get to Stockton College to submit my completed internship paper and journal. While sliding (better verb than driving in this instance) down Rt. 80, and almost doing a 360 right in the middle of the Parkway, I instantly recalled the six or seven plow trucks that were plowing a dry road last weekend - noticing at the same time that there was not a single plow truck in sight on Rt. 80 this time around!

I'm at Stockton right now and I can tell you that I love this place just as I always have. I am fond of this area. I love the pineys. I love South Jersey. I love visiting. I am going to love living here when I find me a new job as well as a pad. Earlier today, I had lunch at G-wing with Jeremy and Jack. A little while ago, I went to visit Jeremy (my old roommate from last year) at his apartment off campus.

The fact that my part of the internship is complete is a major load off my back. As for now, I await my graduation ceremony in just nine short days [pat on the back for yours truly]. I am quite proud of myself, especially after I all I have been through [exit interviews, holds, and years of course work] to reach this special landmark. The Great One is finally graduating and there is nothing anybody can do now that will change that.

Only the Lord knows exactly what the year 2006 brings, but one can only hope that next year is a great year. The year 2005 had its share of misfortune. Through my graduation, the holidays, and a thorough job search, I am targeting a busy, independently approached, and successful 2006! New challenges await me in the new year, such as the GMAT (I am finally going to take it), my new job (whenever I land a decent position with a desirable salary), and ultimately graduate school to get my MBA. I originally wanted to take the GMAT much sooner, but first I had to cross the Ts and dot the Is before I could move on to other business. Once this commencement ceremony is over, I find a job as well as my own apartment, then I will begin to pursue the GMAT.

Nothing and nobody has changed my prediction of the result for the GMAT. I will definitely excel on the GMAT, whenever I take it. I will succeed and confound anyone who predicted any result other than what I stated was going to happen on that test. High scores are produced by people of high status. I will show everyone when that day comes! In the year 2006, I will have graduated and it is going to be a coming out party for me. The obstacles that 2005 presented for me hopefully have prepared me for 2006, so the world better be ready for The Great One as well. It is time for my arrival! There will be major announcement of what is to come next for yours truly come the New Year! Once I have that hard-earned paper high merit that I am going to receive on Sunday, December 18, the world is mine! No games. No fronts. No bullshit!

Those are my intentions. That is what I want. That is what I shall receive.

Power.

0 Responses So far

Post a Comment

Twitter